Friday, September 27, 2013

Interesting News and Information from some 5th Grade reporters!

I was recently approached by several young ladies in the 5th grade about bringing some news items to the attention of our families.  I always find what kids have to say is much more interesting and fun than perhaps my own "words of wisdom!"  Enjoy!

Excuses, Tips and Tricks
 By: California Girl

Okay, so we all know the "the dog ate my homework" excuse.  We also know that teachers know this is not true!  Unless of course you come to school with an x-ray of the inside of your dog's stomach. Here are a list of working excuses by a California Girl for missing homework:

1. My mom was vacuuming and she sucked up my homework.
2. My little sister grabbed it and flushed it down the toilet.
3. My babysitter had papers and accidentally took it home.
4. My dog soiled on it.
5  My brother tossed it out of a ten story building.

My recommendation is to not do #5 if I were you!
Good Luck,
California Girl

The Personal Peeker!
Our classroom aide, Annette is on a diet.  She drinks Pellagrino water and eats candy, which I happen to think is a crime!  One time I caught her drinking a Coke.  "So far I've lost 3 pounds," says Annette, the awesome yard duty.  However, I also caught Annette chewing sweet gum.  She cares a lot about calories, that's why she is on a diet.  "I want to look my best for the students!  Edna is a treasure," Annette says!  She also added that she has 14 more pounds to lose!
(Please note - Annette is aware that her interview is going public!  LOL!) 

Kat's Interviews
(The questions were posed to random students and teachers.)
1. What do you like about Edna?
It's Fun!
2.  What do you look forward to this year?
Moving into the new school and using it!
3.  So what do you think about the new school?
It is the most stunning school in the world of schools!  It will blow your mind!
4.  Is there going to be a new track and new playground?
Yes, there will be both! It's very exciting!